The following information highlights some of the practical routines supporting our duty of care for all pupils and are related to Health and Safety.
- Where possible children should walk to school.
- There is no vehicular access to school grounds for parents at any time during the school day and parking along the Chase is an unnecessary hazard for our children.
- Parents bringing children to school by car should stop in the Village Hall Car Park and walk children along the pathway adjacent to the village hall and in to the top gate, where there is a notice board.
- It is expected that the parents/carers of foundation stage children will bring them into classroom each morning.
- Parents of children in Year 1 to 6 are able to take their child to their classroom door but do not enter with them.
- We request that parents do not enter the school building unless through the main entrance to comply with our safe guarding regulations.
- School gates are open by 8.45am and will close promptly from 9am. Please ensure your child is in school by 9am.
- If for some reason your child is late they should be signed in at the School Office by a parent.
- Children in Foundation stage to Year 4 must be collected by an adult. Those children in Years 5 to 6 can be collected by an older sibling or make their own way home. By the time children reach year 5 or 6 we would suggest that to develop their independence they are coming into the school grounds and leaving school grounds on their own. This prepares your child for the next phases in their education.
- Prior written notification should be given to school for appointments, e.g. dentist, during the school day. A child should be collected from the school office and signed out.
- All adults are asked to help our security by entering and leaving the school through the main entrance only, unless accompanied by a member of staff.
- Children are expected to take responsibility for their coats, lunchboxes, bags and messages.
- Visitors are to report at the School Office, to sign in and collect a badge.
- Optional cycling training is provided for Year 6 children. Cycle helmets are compulsory for this.
Due to traffic conditions, cycling to and from school is not encouraged.
- The school site is a no smoking zone.